Intellectual Property Rights
The materials provided on the ICIS Site, including but not limited to information, documents, articles, images, trademarks, trade names, photos, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, digital downloads, software, video clips, sound clip,s and data compilations (“ICIS Site Content”) are provided either by ICIS or by its licencors or service providers, and may be copyrighted or protected by other laws governing intellectual property or proprietary rights. ICIS grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to view and use the ICIS Site, the ICIS Site Content and those services offered via the ICIS Site for the purposes set forth herein.
Permission from ICIS must be obtained before any the ICIS Site Content or any services offered through the ICIS Site are copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any permitted reproduction, distribution, or other use of such information must be accompanied by the following notice: “© 2017 by the International Construction Information Society. Reprinted with permission from the International Construction Information Society. (DATE).” For our records, we request that you provide us with a copy of the material in which our information is used.
Links to The ICIS Site
ICIS welcomes links to the ICIS Site. You are free to establish a hypertext link to the home page of the ICIS Site so long as:
- The link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by ICIS; and
- You do not link to any page within the ICIS Site beyond the home page or first page without first obtaining ICIS' prior written consent.
Without ICIS' prior written permission, you may not frame or in-line link any of the ICIS Site Content or any services offered through the ICIS Site, or incorporate into any other website or other service any of the intellectual property of the ICIS Site, ICIS, its licencors, or its service providers.
Notice And Takedown Request
ICIS respects others’ intellectual property rights; however, the ICIS Site contains information that may be provided by or obtained from third-party sources. If you believe that your copyrighted material is being infringed by anything on the ICIS Site, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by providing a writing statement to ICIS' Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org (via electronic mail) or Barbora Pospisilova, ICIS Secretariat, Sumavska 33, 612 54 Brno, Czech Republic (via certified or registered mail). The notification must include:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that allegedly has been infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the web page address of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- A description or location of the material on the ICIS Site that you claim is infringing;
- Information we can use to contact you, including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is without the authorisation of the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that your are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that any content that you previously submitted to the ICIS Site that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorisation from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law, to post and use the content at issue, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to ICIS’ Copyright Agent at the physical and/or e-mail address set forth above. The counter-notice must include:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location within the ICIS Site at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in which your address is located; and
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by ICIS’ Copyright Agent, ICIS may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that ICIS may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at ICIS’ sole discretion.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
Without limiting the foregoing, while using the ICIS Site, you may not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using or viewing the ICIS Site.
- Use the ICIS Site for the benefit of any third party.
- Disassemble, decode, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the ICIS Site or any services or software offered through the ICIS Site.
- Use any data mining, robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the ICIS Site, any services offered through the ICIS Site or the ICIS Site Content for any purpose without our express written permission; however, this provision shall not apply to the indexing or updating of search engines.
- Take any action that would impede or interfere with the operation of the ICIS Site, any services offered through the ICIS Site or the ICIS Site Content.
- Transmit to the ICIS Site any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other harmful component upload, post, e-mail or transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, disparaging, defamatory, libellous, or obscene.
- Impersonate any person or entity, attempt to hide the origin of any information you submit to the ICIS Site, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with another entity.
- Upload, post, email or transmit any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright. or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, without our express written approval.
- Instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Collect, publish, or store personal data about other visitors.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the ICIS Site.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the ICIS Site, including without limitations, any features that limit access to or enforce privacy settings applicable to the profiles of the ICIS Site users.
Information Submitted by Users
Any party posting information represents that they are the sole owner of all rights in such materials, including copyrights, or otherwise has all necessary rights to use and license the use of such materials. The posting party agrees that ICIS may use in any manner and without limitation all such posted materials, that all such materials will become a part of ICIS database, and ICIS will own all content that it creates based upon or incorporating such material. By submitting any materials (including, but not limited to, any text, photos, video, or other content) to the ICIS Site including, without limitation, by making blog or forum posts, submitting comments or otherwise using any other feature of the ICIS Site that permits users to post information or content, you grant ICIS and anyone authorised by ICIS a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unlimited, worldwide, transferable, non-exclusive, and unrestricted license to use, reproduce, modify, archive, publish, sell, exploit, display, create derivative works from, publicly perform, and otherwise distribute such material in any medium (whether now known or hereafter developed), in any manner and for any purpose that ICIS chooses. The foregoing grant includes the right to exploit any proprietary rights in materials you submit to the ICIS Site, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark or patent laws that exist throughout the world. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you agree that we may use, distribute, share, or otherwise provide such material under any terms that ICIS determines are appropriate to any third party without the requirement of providing you any form of compensation. You also agree that ICIS may identify you as the author of any of your postings by name, email address or user name. ICIS also reserves the right, in its sole discretion (but assumes no obligation), to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to ICIS' attention that ICIS considers unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the ICIS Site, including content submitted by you, may involve transmissions over various networks, and may involve changes to the content to conform and adapt it to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Furthermore, ICIS cannot and does not review every posting made in the ICIS blog or forum (including comments to blog or forum postings) or other forums and areas available for public postings within the ICIS Site. These postings include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organisations other than ICIS. ICIS does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting, regardless of whether the posting comes from a user or from a member of the ICIS staff.
To the full extent permitted by applicable law, ICIS disclaims on behalf of itself as well as its affiliates, partners and service providers, all warranties, express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Limitation on Liability
In no event shall ICIS, its members, affiliates, licencors, partners or its service providers and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and subsidiaries be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, reliance or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits or data arising out of or resulting from the ICIS Site or the ICIS Site Content, under any legal theory, even if advised of the possibility of such damages and notwithstanding the failure of essential purposes of any limited remedy. You agree that ICIS' liability and the liability of its members, affiliates, partners and service providers, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim in any way connected to the ICIS Site or any of the services provided hereunder shall not exceed €100.00.
Special Jurisdictional Issues
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
Modifications to the ICIS Site
ICIS reserves the right, for any reason and without notice, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, suspend, remove, discontinue or terminate access, in whole or in part, to the ICIS Site or any aspects of the ICIS Site at any time. ICIS further reserves the right to impose registration, password and other securities precautions on access to certain portions of the ICIS Site at any time.