The mission of the Society is to advance the globalisation, standardisation, harmonisation, and interoperability of construction information by:
- Influencing related standards and regulations.
- Raising awareness, acceptance, and use of construction information systems.
- Representing the common interests of ICIS members in dealings with international and national organisations, authorities, and associations.
- Serving as subject matter experts (SME) and establishing guidelines and recommended practices in ICIS Interest areas.
The interests of the Society include:
- Construction specifications
- Construction cost data
- Construction product data, including environmental information
- Construction standards
- Operations and maintenance data
- Classification of construction information, including each of the items above
- Interoperability of each of the items above with drawings/models
Membership may be granted to organisations that are public or private, and are involved in activities covered by the Society’s 'Interest Areas.'